[Fix] - bugfix
[Breaking] - breaking change
[Feature] - new feature
[Improvement] - non-breaking improvement
[Code] - code quality related change that shouldn't make any significant difference for end-user
- Fix panic in case no response was received
- Add "auto" protocol. In that mode carbonapi will do it's best to guess what to use.
- Add "msgpack" protocol support. This protocol is used by graphite-web and metrictank.
- Fix format for protov2
- Fix race condition while merging requests (@gunnihinn)
- Correctly batch metric fetching in protocol v2 (@gunnihinn)
- Fix race condition in zipper's query cache (@Civil)
- Update vendored dependencies
- Fix decode for nil messages in msgpack
- Fix timeout sanitization logic
- Fix empty responses for protocol/v3
- Update vendored deps
- Add option to configure internal route cache check interval
- Fix PathExpression handling for protocol/v2
- Update protocol v3 to support passing PathExpression to backend
1.0.0-beta.2 It's not recommended to switch to this release in production, until it's marked as stable
- Fix incorrect error handling in Find requests
1.0.0-beta.1 It's not recommended to switch to this release in production, until it's marked as stable
- Migrate config parsing to viper. This should give consistent expreience with carbonapi
1.0.0-alpha.4 It's not recommended to switch to this release until it's marked as stable
- [Code] Convert timestamps to int64
1.0.0-alpha.3 It's not recommended to switch to this release until it's marked as stable
- [Code] Convert timestamps back to uint32
1.0.0-alpha.2 It's not recommended to switch to this release until it's marked as stable
- [Code] Convert timestamps to be int32 (was uint32)
1.0.0-alpha.1 It's not recommended to switch to this release until it's marked as stable
- [Improvement] Major rework of load balancing logic
- [Improvement] Support for new protobuf-based protocol that allow to pass metadata in the responses.
- [Improvement] CarbonZipper now supports maxGlobs logic. It now will do it's best to split request into even parts of maxGlobs metrics each. Also maxGlobs=0 means "unlimited"
- [Fix] Add a workaround for /info handler for zipper over zipper.
- [Fix] Deduplicate servers in pathCache (thx. to @korsevick)
- [Code] Refine logging
- [Code] Improve error handling
- [Code] Remove carbonapi cross-dependency by moving context handling code to util
- [Breaking] [protobuf go-api] Protobuf protocol itself haven't changed, this only affects people who import carbonzipperpb package directly from this repo. Library now declares most of its structures as non-nullable. This changes API of carbonzipperpb and pb3, now they contain less pointers. That should reduce GC pressure a little bit. Sholdn't affect people who use it over the network.
- [Improvement] Make connect timeout configurable.
- [Improvement] Make keep alive interval configurable
- [Fix] Fix /info handler (bug was introduced after splitting zipper into several packages)
- [Fix] carbonsearch was not properly configured (bug introduced after splitting zipper into several packages)
- [Breaking] Logging migrated to zap (structured logging). Log format changed significantly. Old command line options removed. Please consult example.conf for a new config options and explanations
- [Breaking] Change config format from json to yaml. Also we've changed config structure and command line options. Please refer to example.conf for decent example of new format
- [Improvement] Add context support. Also log context from carbonapi
- [Improvement] Use dep as a vendoring tool
- [Improvement] Add a Makefile that will hide some magic from user
- [Improvement] graphite-web 1.0 support
- [Fix] Fix incompatibility between carbonzipper and older versions of carbonserver/go-carbon (protobuf2-only)
- [Code] Split carbonzipper into several packages
Notes on upgrading:
Even though there are several changes that's marked as breaking, it only breaks local config parsing and changes logging format. Please note that on high-load environments access log can be huge.
- [Fix] carbonsearch query cache was never cleared
- [Fix] Fix carbonsearch queries with recent carbonapi version
- [Fix] Fix pathCache to handle render requests with globs.
- [Feature] Add cache for carbonsearch results
- [Fix] Fix rewrite for internal queries, because of an error some queries were sent as protobuf not as protobuf3
- [Code] gofmt the code!
- [Breaking] Carbonzipper backend protocol changed to protobuf3. Though output for /render, /info /find can be both (format=protobuf3 for protobuf3, format=protobuf for protobuf2).